Monday, July 30, 2007

Now I Got Your Ball, Woops!

After few blogs made by Mitchell Baker, now I start to know WHY she wrote Email Call to Action, it is all about public relation. We as www users are too concentrate on so call Firefox effects, and perhaps they developers do the same too. Now, she is calling for a more equal focus on both Mozilla products (Firefox & Thunderbird), but not yet for seamonkey and others now. Mozilla Foundation is still on development stage, not like Sun & MS.

Hmm.. So WHY some people hate her so much? I wonder WHY? I can understand that some very loyal Thunderbird users love Thunderbird so much, so when they saw words like "separate", "less focus", "less flexibility", "extremely difficult" and so on. However, someone out there just don't like her CEO position in Mozilla Foundation VERY MUCH. Well, that's life, we can't make all people like us (I remember my junior high school English teacher always says that to us after she rotan us LOL). And also, not all people love Google.

Personally, I like the way she analysis questions and sort themes (see her post). Oh ya, and the way she slowly bring in those people that are really committed to take part in discussion and contribute, creating a new vision of email. I guess she is right for saying: "The web is great at distributed discussions, let's see what we think about mail."

No comments:

sponsorship